Solutions designed to help increase transit ridership while safeguarding public health
FLORHAM PARK, N.J., Nov. 05, 2021 -- Conduent Transportation, a global business unit of Conduent Incorporated (Nasdaq: CNDT), will highlight a range of solutions to advance safe public transit, fleet management, ticketing and fare collection at the 2021 APTA TRANSform Conference and Expo , November 8-10, in Orlando, Florida. These solutions include contactless technologies designed to help increase transit ridership, while safeguarding public health and helping transportation agencies create smarter cities and better traveling experiences.
The event, hosted by the American Public Transportation Association ( APTA ), is held every three years to connect transit industry leaders, influencers and decisionmakers from around the world and to showcase the latest innovations, products and services for agencies and their customers.
Offerings on display at Conduent Transportation’s APTA expo booth (#469) include:
- 3-D Detection Gate: Enabling secure, fast and controlled entry, Conduent’s 3-D detection fare gate solution recognizes the behavior of travelers before and when they pass through access gates, to better detect and analyze the potential for fare evasion fraud, while offering greater accessibility and optimizing the flow of passengers. The technology, used by SNCF Transilien in France, provides quick and easy access for valid passengers and, at the same time, detects and reduces fare evasion.
- Holostop ® Contactless Holographic Button: Designed for use on public buses, the Holostop is based on an innovative technology that projects the image of a stop button as a hologram in a physical box. The passenger runs his or her finger over the virtual button, registering the stop request like a traditional button, but without the need to make physical contact. The device emits a short sound and briefly changes color to confirm that the request has been made. The Holostop enhances rider safety by eliminating the need to touch surfaces.
- SimpliGo Mobile Ticketing Solution: Conduent’s SimpliGo is an integrated mobile app for agencies of all sizes. It encourages the use of public transit by providing contactless ticketing and helpful travel information anytime, anywhere, from the user’s smartphone. The app provides riders an easy-to-use online experience for identifying where contactless ticket purchases can be made for multimodal travel (i.e., train, bus), plus the ability to plan and pay for one trip or many from the convenience of their smartphones. Agencies can also communicate with riders using SimpliGo, alerting them of emergencies, incidents or outages.
- Fleet Management Solutions: Conduent’s solutions for fleet management are designed to optimize agency operations to better serve riders. This full suite of solutions includes computer-aided dispatch/automatic vehicle location (CAD/AVL) software and hardware systems, along with Voice Over IP (VOIP), yard management and business intelligence tools to enhance communication and assist public transit agencies with asset utilization and on-time performance across all modes.
- ATLAS ® Ops Fare Collection: With ATLAS Ops , cities and regions can offer advanced fare collection services to their customers, enhancing transit networks and operations. This solution includes account-based ticketing systems in which a ticket is not stored on a device or other media, such as a smartphone or smart card, but in a cloud-hosted back office. This enables a range of devices or media to be linked via the cloud to the passenger’s account, making travel easier and smarter.
“The APTA expo is an excellent opportunity for our team to spotlight our public transit technologies to build smarter cities,” said Mark Brewer, Group President, Transportation Solutions at Conduent. “Through reliability, innovation and partnership, our solutions streamline fare collection, mobile ticketing and revenue management, while improving fleet safety and efficiency.”
Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of businesses and governments – creating exceptional outcomes for its clients and the millions of people who count on them. Through process, technology, and our diverse and dedicated associates, Conduent solutions and services automate workflows, improve efficiencies, reduce costs, and enable revenue growth. It’s why most Fortune 100 companies and over 500 government entities depend on Conduent every day to manage their essential interactions and move their operations forward.
Conduent’s differentiated services and solutions improve experiences for millions of people every day, including three out of every four U.S. insured patients, 10 million employees who use its HR Services, and nearly 18 million benefits recipients. Conduent’s solutions deliver exceptional outcomes for its clients, including $16 billion in savings from medical bill review of workers compensation claims, up to 40% efficiency increase in HR operations, up to 27% reduction in government benefits costs, up to 40% improvement in finance, accounting and procurement expense, and improved customer service interaction times by up to 20% with higher end-user satisfaction. Learn more at https://www.conduent.com .
Note: To receive RSS news feeds, visit www.news.conduent.com . For open commentary, industry perspectives, and views, visit http://twitter.com/Conduent , http://www.linkedin.com/company/conduent or http://www.facebook.com/Conduent .
Conduent is a trademark of Conduent Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.